It is human nature to seek answers. Interesting enough, as we seek answers, the QalamulLah (Quran) already provided the answers:
1. We ask, "Why am I being tested?"
The Quran answered in Surah Al-Ankaboot:2-3, "Do men imagine that they will be left (at ease) because they say, We believe, and will not be tested with affliction? Lo! We tested those who were before them. Thus Allah knoweth those who are sincere, and knoweth those who feign."
2. We ask, "Why a test to this extent?"
The Quran answered in Surah Al-Baqara:286, "Allah tasketh not a soul beyond its scope. For it (is only) that which it hath earned, and against it (only) that which it hath deserved..."
3. We ask, "Why I do not get what I yearned for?"
The Quran answered in Surah Al-Baqara:216, "...but it may happen that ye hate a thing which is good for you, and it may happen that ye love a thing which is bad for you. Allah knoweth, ye know not."
4. We ask, "Why we feel frustrated?"
The Quran answered in Surah Al-Imran:139, "Faint not nor grieve, for ye will overcome them if ye are (indeed) believers."
5. We ask, "How can I counter this frustration?"
The Quran answered in Surah Al-Baqara:45, "Seek help in patience and prayer; and truly it is hard save for the humble-minded..."
6. We ask, "What do I get from all this?"
The Quran answered in Surah At-Tawba:111, "Lo! Allah hath bought from the believers their lives and their wealth because the Garden will be theirs..."
7. We ask, "Who do I turn to?"
The Quran answered in Surah At-Tawba:129, "...Allah sufficeth me. There is no God save Him. In Him have I put my trust, and He is Lord of the Tremendous Throne."
Afterthought: It is seemingly counter productive to sigh. Everyone has 2 choices - be accoubtable for your life and do something about it or wallow in self-pity and lament your poor situation in silence, thank you.
Friday, January 08, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment